Wyoming County Community Health Foundation
The Community Health Foundation identifies, selects and invests in programs and organizations that will improve the health and wellness of people in Wyoming County, PA and surrounding communities.
The foundation's vision is to be recognized as a collaborative and important funding source for programs that provide for enhanced health – and the understanding of health and wellness – in our communities.
Our Guiding Principles
- Support collaborative approaches to address unmet community needs
- Promote proven health care techniques and understanding
- Encourage innovative approaches to health care and understanding
- Identify and advocate for underserved and vulnerable populations
The Community Health Fund’s guiding principles are applied by the Board of Directors when making funding decisions. The Board assesses whether evidence about the applicant’s commitment to these principles has been demonstrated through past practices or is incorporated into the framework of the proposed grant application. In its review of funding requests, the Foundation highly values inter-organizational partnerships, which will leverage core competencies and resources among community partners. The Foundation remains committed to considering grant requests to develop/deliver high quality, high impact programs/services that are responsive to community needs.
- Ethical behavior and accountable actions to preserve public trust
- Compassion for the community, its people and the organizations providing solutions
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to the community’s needs
- Fair, respectful, honest and professional relationships with all who come in contact with the foundation
- Passion in the pursuit of philanthropic excellence
- Transparency in all decisions and actions
Our Core Compentencies
- A strong and contemporary understanding of Wyoming County and regional community health resources and providers
- Experience in creating collaborative relationships with other funders and grant-seekers
- Business acumen as applicable to grant-making and operational decisions
- Expertise in helping donors make charitable gifts to the Wyoming County Community Health Foundation in the most tax-advantageous methods
Stop the Bleed Program
Over 60 Lackawanna Trail teachers participated and were trained in a Stop the Bleed Initiative on Friday, October 11, 2019 during a teacher in-session day. The initiative is a collaborative effort amongst the Wyoming County Community Health Foundation (WCCHF), Commonwealth Health Tyler Memorial Hospital and Commonwealth Health Wilkes-Barre […]
FoodPlay is coming to town!
Schools around the country are teaming up with FOODPLAY to empower children with the skills they need to take charge of growing up healthy and fit. FOODPLAY, a national award-winning theater show promoting healthy eating and exercise habits, will be bringing its cast of colorful characters, fantastic feats of juggling, motivating messages, music, magic, […]
Shingles Vaccination Clinic Donation
The Wyoming County Community Health Foundation, formerly Tyler Health Partnership, donated $6,000 to Tyler Memorial Hospital for confuting a shingles vaccination clinic for Wyoming County residents. Approximately 40 local residents received the vaccination at no cost during the one-day clinic, which was a follow-up to a two-day clinic held in November 2013 where more than […]
The Foodplay Production was FANTASTIC! -- Suzanne Young, 3rd grade teacher at Roslund Elementary
The Foundation is here for the community
The WCCHF welcomes the community's input, questions and participation. Please use our contact form to learn more about how you can help, or how your organization can be assisted.
Wyoming County Community Health Foundation's Golf Tournament
What's been happening at the Foundation this year?!
Recent Grant Awards
Tunkhannock Ambulance Association - QCPR Training Equipment Expansion
Tunkhannock Public Library - Snack Chat Program
Health Family Partnership - Car Seat Safety Program
Rural Health Corporation - Pediatric Dental Digital Sensor
Patriots Cove - Caregivers Program
Q & A
What is a foundation?
A foundation is a non-governmental entity that is established as a nonprofit corporation or a charitable trust, with a principal purpose of making grants to unrelated organizations...