Wyoming County Community Health Foundation
The Community Health Foundation identifies, selects and invests in programs and organizations that will improve the health and wellness of people in Wyoming County, PA and surrounding communities.
The foundation's vision is to be recognized as a collaborative and important funding source for programs that provide for enhanced health – and the understanding of health and wellness – in our communities.
Our Guiding Principles
- Support collaborative approaches to address unmet community needs
- Promote proven health care techniques and understanding
- Encourage innovative approaches to health care and understanding
- Identify and advocate for underserved and vulnerable populations
The Community Health Fund’s guiding principles are applied by the Board of Directors when making funding decisions. The Board assesses whether evidence about the applicant’s commitment to these principles has been demonstrated through past practices or is incorporated into the framework of the proposed grant application. In its review of funding requests, the Foundation highly values inter-organizational partnerships, which will leverage core competencies and resources among community partners. The Foundation remains committed to considering grant requests to develop/deliver high quality, high impact programs/services that are responsive to community needs.
- Ethical behavior and accountable actions to preserve public trust
- Compassion for the community, its people and the organizations providing solutions
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to the community’s needs
- Fair, respectful, honest and professional relationships with all who come in contact with the foundation
- Passion in the pursuit of philanthropic excellence
- Transparency in all decisions and actions
Our Core Compentencies
- A strong and contemporary understanding of Wyoming County and regional community health resources and providers
- Experience in creating collaborative relationships with other funders and grant-seekers
- Business acumen as applicable to grant-making and operational decisions
- Expertise in helping donors make charitable gifts to the Wyoming County Community Health Foundation in the most tax-advantageous methods
FoodPlay is coming to town!
Schools around the country are teaming up with FOODPLAY to empower children with the skills they need to take charge of growing up healthy and fit. FOODPLAY, a national award-winning theater show promoting healthy eating and exercise habits, will be bringing its cast of colorful characters, fantastic feats of juggling, motivating messages, music, magic, […]
Shingles Vaccination Clinic Donation
The Wyoming County Community Health Foundation, formerly Tyler Health Partnership, donated $6,000 to Tyler Memorial Hospital for confuting a shingles vaccination clinic for Wyoming County residents. Approximately 40 local residents received the vaccination at no cost during the one-day clinic, which was a follow-up to a two-day clinic held in November 2013 where more than […]
Foundation awards FANS $5,000 grant
The Wyoming County Community Health Foundation, formerly Tyler Health Partnership, recently awarded H. A.N. D.S. (Helping Area Needs for Diverse Early Care and Education Services) of Wyoming County a $5,000 grant for their Focused Activity and Nutrition Success Program (FANS). Last summer, area youths had an opportunity to learn about good nutrition and exercise habits […]
The Foodplay Production was FANTASTIC! -- Suzanne Young, 3rd grade teacher at Roslund Elementary
The Foundation is here for the community
The WCCHF welcomes the community's input, questions and participation. Please use our contact form to learn more about how you can help, or how your organization can be assisted.
What a year it has been!
FoodPlay will be at two area elementary schools, Tunkhannock and Lackawanna Trail, during the week of September 24th through September 30th of this year. It will be a program during the day for all students in Kindergarten to 5th grade.
Recent Grant Awards
Healthcare Career Programs - NTIEC
Chair Yoga - Wyoming County Cultural Center at the Dietrich Theater
Shingles Vaccination Clinic - Tyler Memorial Hospital
Influenza Vaccinations - Tyler Memorial Hospital
Healthcare Career Programs - The Northern Tier Industry & Education Consortium
Q & A
What is a foundation?
A foundation is a non-governmental entity that is established as a nonprofit corporation or a charitable trust, with a principal purpose of making grants to unrelated organizations...